Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Essentials Swap (Finally) and Awards!

Last month some time Nicole over at Flip Flops and Combat Boots hosted a Summer Essentials Swap. Everyone interested left a comment and Nicole paired up all the participants. I was paired with Mrs. Bear from Growing Up.

I think our being partnered was the best thing that could have happened to either of us because we were both equally matched in the slacker department. LOL!

The Summer Essentials Swap had a deadline dictating when the packages needed to be sent out. Yeah, me and my partner decided the next week would be best for us. Aaaaaannnnnddddd....that didn't happen either! We didn't end up sending our packages until about a week and a half or so after the "send no later than" date. But it was all good because we were both in line with one another and neither of us cared that things were late.

But we both did finally send our packages to one another and about 2 weeks later I'm finally posting about what I received in my package!


Mrs. Bear knows I have Little Butt and she asked if it was okay if she sent things for us to do together. Little Butt and I loved everything in this package! Looking at the fun food magazine I have so many ideas and I definitely didn't have that issue of Self magazine.


Little Butt dived right into the goodies and I hardly had time to take a picture of the package in full.


She was pretty excited about the drink mix. But her favorite thing was the nail polish!


She sat right down and made me paint her toenails.


The color even matched her dress that day!


Then she made me paint my toenails!! (sorry you have to look at my nasty toes...I had to do it for Little Butt!)


Then of course you can't have blue toes without pink fingers!!

We had a blast with this package and are grateful to Mrs. Bear for sending us all this fun summer stuff!

And...in true procrastinator fashion, I have yet to thank a couple girls for some awards so here goes.

Nicole at Flip Flops and Combat Boots awarded me the Life is Good award:


I honestly didn't think she even read my blog so it was a pleasant surprise to see the name of my little blog on her site. I am to award this to five blogs. I am giving this award to blogs that I think either need to be reminded of this right now or just were. I bestow this award upon:
  1. The Annoyed Army Wife
  2. jesstagirl and her officer
  3. A Day in the Life of 5...
  4. Ah...My Married Life
  5. Troop Petrie


The Annoyed Army Wife also awarded me the Cherry on Top award!


The rules for this award are simple. I have to thank the awesome person who gave it to you, list 3 things I love about myself, and pass it along to 5 other people.

Thanks Annoyed Army Wife!

Blogs I would like to give this award to:

  1. Mommie Cooks
  2. It's How She Rolls
  3. Goodnight moon!
  4. The Adventures of Mr. Superman & Mrs. S
  5. Within a Mile of Home
Okay. Now...3 things I love about myself.
  1. My drive and determination.
  2. The fact that I have a Texas sized attitude with a New York timeline.
  3. My openness and honesty.
I know, that's kind of like 6 things but oh well.

Okay. I feel so much better now that I've gotten those things out of the back of my mind! LOL! Have a great day!

For Further Reading Check Out:
blog comments powered by Disqus